Thursday, December 18, 2008

Facial in Miri!

Last Friday, we checked out a skincare/beauty center at Boulevard commercial center and I then signed up for a 6+2 facial program and went for my first facial here in Miri the very next day.

I first saw this center at their other outlet at Bintang Mall a few months ago but I'd wanted to look around and see which other centers uses Dermalogica products. Coz I've been using these products for many years and facials back home are also with a skincare center using these products.

I scanned through the "facial menu" and I thought the programs, in fact the shop layout as well, were very much similar to the one I frequent back home. So I am guessing they have the same setup and training although this one's definitely locally owned.

I love the fact that the rates are lower here in Miri, (for the same stuff back home) and they were running the 6+2 offer (pay for 6 free 2) and the flexibilities that comes with the program. I can mix 2 types of different facials and I can split the payment into 3 instalments. In KL, I have to pay in full upfront. Well I chose 2 different facials from the mid-range ones so on average, with the 6+2 program, I am paying slightly less than ninety per session ;-)

I was very satisfied with the first session, it lasted almost 2 hours, and the therapists attending to me were very attentive to my needs. The facial structure is just the same as the ones I go for back home. And they did a great job trimming my eyebrows coz my eyes are always droopy and sleepy so I am looking more "awake" now! The only problem for me is that the therapists speak Mandarin and assume I know Mandarin (I can converse with them but I won't be able to understand the technicalities and stuff in Mandarin), so when they explain what they are using or what they are doing throughout the facial session, half of the time, I do not understand what they're saying :-( But it's OK coz the fact that the steps were all the same, I knew what I was going through. For me, in terms of the services rendered (including massages on my face, neck, shoulders and upper arms), there's no question about the worthiness although yes it's a competitive market out there for them.

Well Augustine is planning to start his facial this weekend (upon seeing my satisfaction), they've got a few facial types under the men's skincare range although the therapist mentioned he could also sign up for the ones I did. But for men, they will only be given face massage, no massages for neck and shoulder. Too bad huh.

Carmen

1 comment:

pandatingz said...

where is tis shop u talking abt and wats the price? :)