Saturday, November 1, 2008

JAY CHOU's latest CAPRICORN

Jay Chou's latest album Capricorn (yes he is a Capricorn) was launched recently on Oct 9. Radio stations are playing his songs and CD shops too. There seems to be no escape hehe. I am now listening to it. Love his songs as always. U cannot deny how big Jay Chou is and how influential his music is. His name is like one big brand itself. Jay Chou chips. I still remember finding these chips in a little convenient store when backpacking in Sapa (north Vietnam near the border of China!).

Back to the album, the first single released if I am not wrong is called "Dao Xiang" (Fragrant Rice). It's written and composed by him and it's really meaningful if u listen close. In the car listening to it, Augustine wonders if his inspiration for this song came from the recent earthquakes in China. I think so too. It's got a very uplifting and encouraging message and feel to it.

Hmm...I guess I will never stop listening to his songs, I've been listening to them for years, through my ups and downs. I am not exactly a very crazy fan, I've only been to 2 events to see him, one was when he was at 1 Utama for an outdoor meet the fans session. That was a few years back and I think I queued for at least 2 hours just to shake his hands and get my album signed! Second one was attending his concert earlier this year. I thoroughly enjoyed it, the crystal piano he flew in with and his playing combined - simply amazing.

Carmen

No comments: